The Mirror
As I reflected further on this mirroring philosophy, it occurred to me that this concept is hardly unique; surely, there is an abundance of literature on the subject. A bit of exploration led me to non-dualism, which suggests that there is no separation between the observer and the observed. If this concept represents actual reality, then nothing we observe should evoke fear, anxiety, or concern. Instead, every observation should be opportunities for reflection and growth.
In Mahayana Buddhism, reality is shaped by our perception and our mind. Of course, we must distinguish between the physical and psychological. If I'm being chased by a dog—a physical protective response is entirely necessary. However, if the threat is merely mental or psychological, such as someone's anger directed at me, I must perceive it correctly. In that moment, I am not dodging physical danger; both physical and psychological events are simply images of experience that provide opportunities for expression. Ultimately, neither situation is truly about me, but rather about the many ways I might choose to react.
Each day acts as a mirror to my internal state. It challenges me to ask: Can I remain at peace with whatever my environment presents? Is it possible to go with the flow no matter what is happening? This is not about denying my feelings or losing touch with my emotions; rather, I want to feel every beat of my internal rhythm. With these new insights, I have no desire to become a robot or respond mechanically to my experiences. Instead, I choose to be deeply aware, allowing my intuition to guide me toward wiser action. By recognizing that whatever happens in my mirror, it should rarely dictate my internal peace. Therefore, I can navigate life with a smooth, authentic, and unshakeable flow

Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to read. I truly appreciate your comment. Enjoy!